Terms & Conditions
By downloading or using the app, these terms will automatically apply to you – you should make sure therefore that you read them carefully before using the app. You’re not allowed to copy or modify the app, any part of the app, or our trademarks in any way. You’re not allowed to attempt to extract the source code of the app, and you also shouldn’t try to translate the app into other languages or make derivative versions. The app itself, and all the trademarks, copyright, database rights, and other intellectual property rights related to it, still belong to Stealthcopter.
Stealthcopter is committed to ensuring that the app is as useful and efficient as possible. For that reason, we reserve the right to make changes to the app or to charge for its services, at any time and for any reason. We will never charge you for the app or its services without making it very clear to you exactly what you’re paying for.
The PortDroid app stores and processes personal data that you have provided to us, to provide our Service. It’s your responsibility to keep your phone and access to the app secure. We therefore recommend that you do not jailbreak or root your phone, which is the process of removing software restrictions and limitations imposed by the official operating system of your device. It could make your phone vulnerable to malware/viruses/malicious programs, compromise your phone’s security features and it could mean that the PortDroid app won’t work properly or at all.
The app does use third-party services that declare their Terms and Conditions.
Link to Terms and Conditions of third-party service providers used by the app
You should be aware that there are certain things that Stealthcopter will not take responsibility for. Certain functions of the app will require the app to have an active internet connection. The connection can be Wi-Fi or provided by your mobile network provider, but Stealthcopter cannot take responsibility for the app not working at full functionality if you don’t have access to Wi-Fi, and you don’t have any of your data allowance left.
If you’re using the app outside of an area with Wi-Fi, you should remember that the terms of the agreement with your mobile network provider will still apply. As a result, you may be charged by your mobile provider for the cost of data for the duration of the connection while accessing the app, or other third-party charges. In using the app, you’re accepting responsibility for any such charges, including roaming data charges if you use the app outside of your home territory (i.e. region or country) without turning off data roaming. If you are not the bill payer for the device on which you’re using the app, please be aware that we assume that you have received permission from the bill payer for using the app.
Along the same lines, Stealthcopter cannot always take responsibility for the way you use the app i.e. You need to make sure that your device stays charged – if it runs out of battery and you can’t turn it on to avail the Service, Stealthcopter cannot accept responsibility.
With respect to Stealthcopter’s responsibility for your use of the app, when you’re using the app, it’s important to bear in mind that although we endeavor to ensure that it is updated and correct at all times, we do rely on third parties to provide information to us so that we can make it available to you. Stealthcopter accepts no liability for any loss, direct or indirect, you experience as a result of relying wholly on this functionality of the app.
At some point, we may wish to update the app. The app is currently available on Android – the requirements for the system(and for any additional systems we decide to extend the availability of the app to) may change, and you’ll need to download the updates if you want to keep using the app. Stealthcopter does not promise that it will always update the app so that it is relevant to you and/or works with the Android version that you have installed on your device. However, you promise to always accept updates to the application when offered to you, We may also wish to stop providing the app, and may terminate use of it at any time without giving notice of termination to you. Unless we tell you otherwise, upon any termination, (a) the rights and licenses granted to you in these terms will end; (b) you must stop using the app, and (if needed) delete it from your device.
Ethical and Legal Usage
Stealthcopter advocates responsible and ethical use of the PortDroid app.
- Ethical Usage: Users are strictly prohibited from using PortDroid, or any of its functionalities, for malicious purposes or unauthorized access to networks, systems, or data. The application is designed for legitimate network analysis and diagnostics. Its primary purpose is to aid network administrators, technology enthusiasts, and cybersecurity professionals in conducting legal and consensual network tests.
- Legal Compliance: It’s imperative for users to familiarize themselves with and adhere to all local, state, national, and international laws applicable to their use of PortDroid. This includes, but is not limited to, laws relating to data privacy, unauthorized access to computer networks, wiretapping, distribution, and export of encryption software, and intellectual property. Stealthcopter cannot and will not be held liable for any unlawful or unauthorized use of the app. Any such use may result in termination of your access to the app and potential legal action.
- Third-party Networks: Unauthorized scanning, accessing, or probing of networks, systems, or data, especially those owned by third parties, is illegal and unethical. Before conducting any form of network testing or diagnostics, users must obtain explicit, written consent from the network owner or authorized representative. Stealthcopter expects users to conduct themselves with the highest standards of ethical integrity.
- Reporting Vulnerabilities: If, during the course of using PortDroid, a user identifies a vulnerability or security flaw in a third-party system, it is their ethical responsibility to report it directly to the affected party in a responsible and discreet manner. Public disclosure or exploitation of vulnerabilities without appropriate consent or notification can result in legal consequences and is strongly discouraged.
- Indemnification: By using PortDroid, users agree to indemnify and hold harmless Stealthcopter, its affiliates, employees, and agents from any claims, damages, liabilities, or legal action resulting from their misuse of the app, whether intentional or unintentional.
Failure to adhere to these ethical and legal guidelines could result in potential legal action.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
We may update our Terms and Conditions from time to time. Thus, you are advised to review this page periodically for any changes. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Terms and Conditions on this page.
These terms and conditions are effective as of 2023-10-13
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Terms and Conditions, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] .